-
August 3rd, 2005, 03:20 PM
#11
Inactive Member
I really enjoyed your pics! Welcome!
Lea
[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
August 3rd, 2005, 03:32 PM
#12
Inactive Member
Thanks y'all!
And yes, Rach... much more than the Mattel one.
I had heard a rumor awhile back that AG still had a few of the Limited edition original Felicity's that had been signed by Pleasant Rowland.
I even had seen one on ebay going for $1000 dollars, not sure if it ever sold though.
I hadn't pursued it, because I knew I didn't have that much for a doll, even if it was true. Went on to AGPNY having decided to get a Mattel version and be done with it, but she simply disappointed me, as it wasn't the Felicity I ahd always dreamed of and whose hair was a perfect match with mine.
So the other day when I got the Club movie and Elizabeth annoncement, the craving for a PM Felicity was revived. Hit eBay, lost a few times, then moaned about it to my Mom, because I never could seem to get one for my budget.
I guess 14 years of moaning finally worked, because as I'm starting Grad School in the Spring, she said that if I would split the cost with her if they had one that was new she would help me get one. (( She majorly distrusts eBay. ))
I called the store to see... and after several people telling me hold on, let me check, someone finally came back adn said yes.... They had exactly THREE left!
So... for a price that is a bit rich for my taste, but means I finally get my Felicity... I ordered her. (( My family collects dolls in general, I've always been the one who held out being too practical to spend money on them, so Mom didn't blink at all at the price... which was no where near $1000. ))
Figured I might as well get Elizabeth too... though I might end up selling her if she's not impressive in person.
But if anyone is interested in an original Felicity... call a PS at the AGPC... they have 2 left.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 03, 2005 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Chrysa1is ]</font>
-
August 3rd, 2005, 03:33 PM
#13
Inactive Member
You must be so excited! I waited 11 years for my first AG... after years of poring over catalogues and jealously playing with my friends' dolls.
You'll have to take lots of photos of your new "daughters" when they arrive.
-
August 3rd, 2005, 03:41 PM
#14
Inactive Member
WOW - that's awesome. POST MANY MORE PICS!
I live in NC too - where are you going to grad school? I'm in Durham.
I'm a big girl for dolls as well...I loved them when they first came out but I was in high school. I bought my first doll, my Molly, in January and now I'm a mom of SIX. Three eBays and three regulars. Three pre-Mattels - Sam, Lissie, and my newest, my as yet unnamed AGT.
Your album is great - keep the pics coming!
-
August 3rd, 2005, 03:51 PM
#15
Inactive Member
Will definitely have pictures as soon as the new additions arrive, will likely have more pics of Mari tomorrow. I went a little crazy in buying for her the day I got her. Don't know how I made it through Penn Station to Catch the Jersey Transit train afterwards.
You'll see what I mean when I get them all posted, not only do I have all but the new Marisol outfit and stage in her collection, but I have all the AGP only Revue Costumes!
I'm planning on attending UNCC in the Spring to start on my Masters of Arts in Teaching. Barring my other long held dream comes true once I get my GRE scores in... being to attend Duke.
-
August 3rd, 2005, 03:55 PM
#16
Inactive Member
Duke's right down the road from me - about ten minutes. I'm applying to their accelerated bachelor's in nursing program this fall.
I know what you mean about Duke. If I miss the BSN there, then it's attempting the MSN!
-
August 3rd, 2005, 04:39 PM
#17
Inactive Member
Welcome to the board! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
August 3rd, 2005, 04:53 PM
#18
Inactive Member
Welcome and I know how you feel!!! I've been a Felicity fan since I was 8 but I didn't get the doll till I was 18. I'm now 21 and acting like a big kid with the release of Elizabeth and the relaunch of Felicity. It's like I get to relive my childhood. [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img]
-
August 3rd, 2005, 05:02 PM
#19
chrstnwmn7
Guest
Welcome!!! I love your name!!! It is very familiar!
-
August 3rd, 2005, 05:08 PM
#20
Inactive Member
Thanks for the welcomes! It's great to meet everyone. [img]smile.gif[/img]
No Felicity and Elizabeth arrivals to announce yet, but I did update Mari's site. (( Mari )) I did however realize how much I need to get some everyday clothes for my little dancer to wear.
I'm so ecited... I DO feel like a big kid again! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 03, 2005 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Chrysa1is ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks